Raw ...

Don't judge this before you try it ! I made it tonight and it is delicious !!!
I got this recipe from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen website. Actually, Shay told me about it (surprise, surprise !!) first but I lost the paper I wrote the recipe down on ! The other day I stumbled on it here.
~
Here's the one I made tonight !
~

All-American Apple Pie from pg 211 of “Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen

makes 1 pie

ALMOND PIE CRUST
2 cups almonds, dry
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups pitted dates

SYRUP
1/2 cup pitted dates
1 orange, peeled and seeded
splash of water, as needed

FILLING
5 cups apples, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced, about 5 or 6 apples
1 cup raisins and/or cranberries
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

Ok ... watch this little video I found on YOU TUBE and then I'll tell you the rest of the instructions.



Ok ... so first thing you need to know is that you need to soak the almonds over night and then let them dry for the day before you make this. I dried them til about 3:00. They were still a bit moist but it worked.
~
Put the almonds in the food processor and process til well processed. I didn't leave any chunks. Set aside 2 cups of the processed stuff and pour the rest into the bottom of your pie dish (like she did in the video) Put the 2 cups back into the processor and add 2 cups dates. Process til doughy. Press into pan (again, refer to video) You did watch it, right ?
~
To make the syrup you just blend all the syrup ingredients together.
~
Add to the bowl where you've mixed the filling ingredients together. Speaking of the filling. I found 1 cup of raisins way too much. Next time, I'll do 1/2 cup only.
~
The rest should be self explanatory after watching the video ...
~
Give this a try ... I think you will like it ! If not, drop it off at my place ... I'll eat it !!!
~

No comments: