Annie's Honey Muesli Slice

I don't know who Annie is and I don't remember exactly where I got this recipe from except that it was online somewhere. I am NOT A BAKER. I hate baking. I am not good at it. I do it RARELY and it's usually not a pleasant experience for me. I much prefer to cook. So ... I love it when I find recipes like this, where you get something that looks/tastes/seems like it has been baked, but it hasn't.

Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups rice bubbles ( rice krispies )
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
I also add flax seeds but that wasn't part of the original recipe
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
I also add raisins but that wasn't part of the original recipe either.
~
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons peanut butter
125g butter
~
How to Make It:
Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl. Mix well.
Combine brown sugar, honey, peanut butter and butter in a smallish saucepan. Heat til melted and then stir constantly for 5 minutes or til mixture is thick and caramel in color. Combine wet mixture with dry ingredients and mix well. PRESS evenly into 12 X 8. Original recipe said to grease the pan but I use baking paper instead. Then I can easily pull the whole thing out to cut it up into individual servings ! Refrigerate until firm before cutting. Store in fridge.


Enjoy ... I am !!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,

This Muesli Slice looks yummy and not too difficult! I can't wait to give it a try!

You asked what Golden Oats were -- sorry, I hadn't added the link to the recipe just yet! http://onebeggarsrecipes.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/cinnamon-apple-golden-oats/

Golden Oats are yummy! Like a chewy, warm granola with bits of sweet fruit. Very easy too!

Have a great day!