Scones

Photobucket

The other day I was feeling like Strawberry Shortcake ... the way my Mom used to make it. Unfortunately, I have no idea how she used to make it and the time difference wasn't helping me at that particular moment ! So ... I had to improvise. I remembered these amazing scones my sister in law, Gina, taught me how to make. Topped with fresh strawberry's and freshly whipped cream. Delish !
~~
Here's how you make 'em :
~~
The Ingredients:
3 cups self raising flour
1 cup of thickened cream
1 cup of Sprite

The "how to's":

Put flour in bowl. Add cream. Add Sprite. Knife through ... you want the mixture mixed but don't work it too hard. Line cookie sheet with non-stick baking paper. Scoop mixture out of bowl onto cookie sheet. Spread around. ( it will rise in the oven !! ) Put into hot oven ( I have a fan forced oven so I did it on 220C ... that's about 430F ) The recipe said 15 minutes but mine was done in 10 !!!

That's it ! When it's done you will have a giant scone !! Cut it into whatever size pieces you want. Top with whatever you want ... jam, cream, fresh fruit ...




1 comment:

Leeann said...

What is thickened cream? Is it like whipping cream or heavy cream here in the States?