Lemony Blueberry Muffins




My cousin found a recipe for AIP/Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins.
I have reintroduced a few foods so was able to modify these a bit to suit what I'm eating these days.
Here is my modified version ...

1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 eggs
zest and juice (about 1/4 cup juice) of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract ... I use my homemade stuff
2/3 cup coconut flower
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch or two of salt
1 cup fresh blueberries (I have also used frozen)

Preheat oven to 180C (350F).  Line muffin tins with preferred liner.

Combine wet ingredients using a whisk.  Reserving blueberries til the end, combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet ingredients, whisk each time until the batter is no longer lumpy.

Gently fold in the blueberries.

Spoon batter equally into 12 muffin cups.

Bake 20 minutes, rotate, bake another 10 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean.

PS.  I sprinkled some cacao nibs on top of a few of these to see if they would be a yummy addition.  I didn't love them.  BUT ... next time I am going to stir the cacao nibs through a few of them and see if it's better that way ...


No comments: