Menu Plan Monday - Bonnie - 4 May 2010

Photobucket
Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie


It's Tuesday here but we've just finished a three day weekend so my days are mixed up ! PLUS ... I've neither planned a menu nor shopped for this week. I'm going to try and rectify that now ... Well. the menu planning part anyway ... I don't know when I'll get to the shopping. Maybe I should just do that online this week. Yeah, I think I will. The problem will be the delivery. Tuesday through Thursday are busy busy days for us ... not much time at home ! :)

We had a bit of a disaster last night for dinner. Actually, the food we ate was good ... but there was supposed to be chicken with it. On Saturday afternoon, we put frozen chicken into the crock pot to cook 40 Clove Garlic Chicken. By dinner time, it was STILL FROZEN ! So, we decided to have Indian for dinner, and let the chicken cook for Sunday. Sunday dinner we ended up having a meatball BBQ with two of our neighbor families. Such a blast ! I made my Spanikopita Meatballs, Pumpkiny Fritters and Tsatsiki. So ... last night, after a fabulous day spent mostly in our little patio garden, we planned to finally eat the chicken ... it was still in the crock pot ... but in the fridge ! We made mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, peas and beans to go with the chicken. We ended up just eating the veg ! The chicken STILL was not cooked. I couldn't believe it !! It was pink ... and in some parts, still red. DISGUSTING ! I've never seen anything like it. We hummed and hawed, even called Rory's Mum to see what she would do, and in the end, I made the executive decision that we didn't want to mess with pink chicken ...

PS ... I'll never put frozen chicken into the crock pot again !!

Onto this week ...

I have reserved a delivery time for tomorrow morning ... that means we need to eat out of the fridge/freezer tonight. Could be interesting ...

Tuesday
Could be interesting.
I'll go dig through the freezer after I'm done here ...

Wednesday
Crock Pot Fajitas !!

Thursday
Pumpkin Lentil Salad

Friday
Alia has been begging me for
Thai Chicken Soup


Saturday
The cheese I ordered last week to make THE BOSS never arrived.
He said he'd try again this week ... we'll see if it arrives this week ... if not, I'll just try
it with a cheese other than asiago. Anyone know a good substitute off the top of your head ??

Sunday
Chicken Tagine in a Clay Baker

***

Well ... there you have it ! This week's menu ... planned, ordered and to be delivered bright and early tomorrow morning ! HOORAY for internet shopping. We may have been eating eggs on toast all week if this option wasn't available to me !!

I love productive mornings ... it's now 7:26am and I'm off to start my day ...

2 comments:

Mrs. Wallace said...

I think if you've already menu planned and "shopped" you've more than started your day!

andrafaye said...

i've been wondering if you had tried your tangine yet...i saw one in ikea of all places last week and thought of you!