Cheese and Burger ~ The Boss


Photobucket

This is the best burger I've ever eaten in my life ...

We got the 'recipe' from The Cheese and Burger Society.

It's #15 ... The Boss.

We had to make a few modifications ...

First ... we couldn't get asiago cheese so we used romano.

BEAUTIFUL substitute !

Second ... no rosemary ciabatta rolls ... we used turkish buns.

The recipe just calls for 'beef patty' ... we made ours using this recipe ... doubled it

and made HUGE burgers. Also ... added rosemary, thyme, and basil to the burger meat mix ...

So ... all you do is cook your burger ... we did ours on the Weber ... add the cheese

for the last couple of minutes so it melts ...

Then assemble ...

I started on the bottom bun and worked my way up like this ...

black olive tapenade

arugula (rocket) leaves

sliced tomato

sliced red onion

prosciutto
(make sure it's thinly sliced ... ours wasn't but it will be next time !)

burger with cheese

top bun

I'll probably make the burgers a bit thinner next time ...

I couldn't finish mine ... lucky I have a growing boy to do that ...

Rory finished his but wishes he hadn't ...

1 comment:

kitchen tables said...

I was drooling over the photo! I like that laded burger! Great!