Menu Plan Monday - Bonnie - 18 January 2010

Photobucket
Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie

Well, I've pretty much abandoned my themed dinner nights.
I thought it would make things easier but it just hasn't ... so ... I'm not doing them !

Friday

I had planned to make Falafel and I did but I didn't have any breadcrumbs ( or bread ) so I decided to crust the falafel with cooked quinoa. It worked well. Took a bit longer to cook but a good substitute in a pinch. I'll share the recipe with you later in the week ...

Quinoa Crusted Falafel with salad and tzatsiki ...



Saturday
Kaffir Lime Prawns (and Chicken Kebabs too)
with a homemade Sweet Chili Suace
Will share recipe soon ...



Sunday

We modified a Jamie Oliver recipe to cook a beautiful BBQ Lamb with Potato and Pumpkin !
You guessed it ... I'll share the recipe soon !!




Monday

Raw Lasagna in Grilled Portabello Mushrooms
Leftover Lamb
Salad

Tuesday
A Rachel Ray recipe out of the cookbook Jill gave me for Christmas last year !
Asparagus Penne
and this Sauteed Zucchini with Garlic and Lemon

Wednesday
We are going to make Funky Lime Pizza using whole wheat pizza dough ...
and we are going to try cooking it on a pizza stone in the Weber !!

Thursday
Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Tostadas ... only, I'm going to modify them into a salad !

Snack Foods to Try Making :
I'm going to make
Kiwi Muffins ... except I'm going to use Blueberries in place of the Kiwi

No comments: