Funky Lime Pizza

Photobucket

I got this recipe here. If you need a recipe for the dough she's got one included. Or you could try Khrista's whole wheat dough, or my bread maker dough. (I used my bread maker dough for this, as I do for every pizza I make !)

So ... I made two pizzas with this amount of topping ... (and yeah, I modified it but not too much)

3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
pinch of black pepper
1/2 t red pepper flakes (I just put this on the table for people to sprinkle as wanted)
1 lb Mozzarella, shredded
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
zucchini, thinly sliced
feta cheese, crumbled
fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, coarsely chopped
juice of 1 lime

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (she did a bunch of tricky stuff with the pizza baking process, i prefer simple so didn't do any of that ... you should go check out her way if you like tricky ... )

In a small bowl, combine the garlic and olive oil and set aside.

In a bowl, toss the corn kernels with the black pepper and red pepper.

Scatter half of the Mozzarella over the pizzas, leaving a 1/2" rim. Place the onion over the cheese and the zucchini over the onion. Scatter the remaining Mozzarella over the zucchini. Sprinkle with the feta and the corn.

Bake for about 8 minutes then swap which rack the pizzas are on. Bake for another 5 - 8 minutes, til cheese is done to your liking ! I like it a bit brown ...

Immediately after removing the pizza from the oven, brush the garlic oil onto the rim, squeeze the lime juice over the top and garnish with the cilantro.

Photobucket

This method of brushing with the olive oil left the garlic a bit raw for our tastes. Next time, I think I will add the garlic to the pizza itself and just brush with plain olive oil at the end ...

11 comments:

Khrista said...

Looks really yummy and fresh! I'll have to try it! You never shared which dough recipe you actually used for this. :)

Bonnie said...

Khris, I just did a quick post with my bread maker recipe and changed this post to show that ! :)

Ana Cristina Abreu said...

yummy
that sounds delicious
i'll definitely try!!!

:)

Toni said...

It looks really good. I'm glad you all enjoyed it :D

Stacy said...

Yummy! I bet if you just put the garlic and oil in the microwave for a little bit it would take away the raw taste. :)

jamestownboys said...

Will definately have to try this :) sounds great!!!

SilverMoon Dragon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SilverMoon Dragon said...

Yum! This was delicious!

I've entered my 'borrowed' version of this to the Pizza Party Mix Up - because you were the original poster, you can win a prize too!

http://monthsofediblecelebrations.blogspot.com/2009/10/lets-have-pizza-party-mix-up.html

~~louise~~ said...

Hi all,
Louise here. Just popping in from SilverMoon Dragon. Thanks for letting Susan 'borrow" your "tangy" pizza. She's right you know. You both may just WIN a prize.

Now, excuse me while I take a look around. Happy National Pizza Month!!!

~~louise~~ said...

It's me again with exciting news. Follow the link. I'm sure you will be DE-lighted!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie,
I'm delighted that you WON!!! When you get a chance, could you email me with your mailing info. I'm going to the post office tomorrow to see what if anything, needs to be done special to mail to Australia. Any tips??? Thanks!!!

acalenda [at] gmail [dot] com