Mexican Cous Cous



I made this up.
It was delicious.

I'll make it again ... on purpose next time !

Whatcha Need :
1 carrot, shredded
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, roughly crushed and chopped
1 cob of corn ... corn cut off, cob disposed of
1/2 a tomato that has been sittin' in the fridge needing to be used, chopped
3/4 jar of medium salsa (again ... needing to be used !)
1 can of black beans, drained
1 and 1/4 cup veg stock
1 cup cous cous
Salt and Pepper

Whatcha Do :
Using your favorite big cast iron skillet, on a med/high heat ... sautee carrot, onion, garlic, corn and tomato (seasoned with S & P) til done to your liking. Add black beans. Move all this stuff to the outter edges of the pan and pour in the veg stock. Bring to the boil ... it takes like 30 seconds to get there ! Add the cous cous. Stir everything together. Cover. Cook for a few minutes then add the salsa. Stir it all together again and just let the juices cook off. Again ...doesn't take long.

I served it with a dollop of greek yoghurt and steamed asparagus !

YUM !!


2 comments:

andrafaye said...

What a great "whatcha got" recipe. Keep making them up for us!

Bonnie said...

I'll try ... I'm trying to incorporate more whole grains into our diet and I'll tell you ... there's not a whole lot out there that I like the look of so inventing might be the way to go !!