Mushroom and Zucchini Risoni



Photobucket

I got this recipe off the back of the box of Risoni ... and served it with broiled tomatoes.

Here's what you need:

Olive Oil
100g Pancetta, sliced
1 TBLS butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Zucchini ( I used 1/2 a large one), sliced
200g button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white wine, I used an Unwooded Chardonnay
1/2 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
salt and pepper
2 and 1/2 cups risoni (orzo)

Cook risoni.

Meanwhile, saute pancetta in olive oil slowly ... til crisp and golden. Remove from heat and set aside.

Using the frying pan from the pancetta, add butter and garlic. Saute. Add zucchini and mushrooms. Cook and stir til tender. Add wine, and spring onion. Season with salt and pepper. Return pancetta to pan. Add risoni. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.

Serves 4-6

We topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Wait a minute ... I just remembered there are leftovers !! My tummy has been asking me for lunch for an hour now .... I'm off to finish this up !!!

No comments: