Raw Lasagna on Big Honkin' Mushrooms

These were so yummy. I have done this raw lasagna as a dip before but wanted to do it as part of a main meal. This worked really well. I just got some humongous portatbello mushrooms, grilled them in my sandwich press right before we were ready to eat, spooned to (already prepared a few hours earlier) lasagna onto the top. EASY ! YUMMY !





1/2 a zucchini, finely sliced
2 cups tightly packed fresh spinach, processed til finely chopped
1/2 cup avocado, mashed
AND
1 ripe tomato, seed and chop (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup homemade sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup red bell pepper
2 tbls olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
--
Process everything under the AND ... til smooth.
--
Layer zucchini, spinach, avocado, tomato sauce. Do a few layers. I think I got three in a rectangular tupperware and four or five in a square tupperware ... It's best if you leave it set a few hours in the fridge before you eat it. The flavors really develop !

2 comments:

Khrista said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to try this one! :)

Amy said...

ooooh my gracious, Bonnie! This is awesome heavenly yumminess!