Lime {and} Cilantro {and} Salmon {and} Rice



My inspiration for this dish came from this recipe but I changed it a little bit ... The original recipe used the oven but I don't have a dish that can go between stove top and oven so I didn't mine a bit differently ...

Here's how I did mine.

¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for sprinkling
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ cup sliced shallots (about 3 large)
1 ½ cups brown basmati rice
3 ¼ (or more) low-sodium chicken broth
2 salmon fillets salmon fillets
2 bunches broccolini, chopped

Mix lime juice, lime zest, honey, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.

Heat oil in big electric frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté til beginning to brown. Add in rice, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover tightly with lid and cook til rice is 10 almost cooked through.

Push the rice to the sides to make room for salmon. Add salmon to frying pan ... seasoning both sides with salt and pepper, and a bit of lime mixture. Add broccolini. Cover.

Cook until salmon is done to your liking (I turned it once). And I think I broke it up into smaller pieces to allow it to cook faster ...

Once fish is cooked, drizzle remaining lime mixture and chopped cilantro oven fish and rice.

I served this with spicy potatoes and kale crisp !


1 comment:

Spiele said...

Lime with rice I wanna try this recipe