Pancake AND Cinnamon Roll ???


As is becoming the norm, I found this recipe on Pinterest. I didn't do it quite the same as her though. I started too but it didn't work for me ... so, I did something different.  Here's what I did ...


For the Cinnamon ...
4 tbls melted butter
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 tbls ground cinnamon

Stir ingredients together and set aside.

For the Glaze ...
4 tbls butter
2-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup powdered (icing) sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Heat butter over low heat until melted. Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and glaze like. Set aside.

You could use your favorite pancake recipe for this. I tried hers and quite liked them.

For the pancakes ...
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil

In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients til just mixed. A few small lumps is fine. Cook the pancakes using a 1/3 measuring cup to add the batter to the pan. You know how to cook pancakes right ? Depending on how hot your stove is, cook on a medium to low heat. Flip the pancake once the bubbles start popping ...

I cooked them individually and served them on individual plates. As each pancake is cooked and plated, top with a spoonful of cinnamon mixture and then glaze. Swirl and serve.

No comments: