Banana Loaf


Ok, so I know there are millions of Banana Bread recipes out there but this one is a must try.
It's so easy and delicious that every time I bake it, it barely has a chance to cool before the family polishes it off. (and before I can get a good picture.)
This recipe doesn't call for nuts but I'm sure you could throw some in, if you're so inclined...(I can't say that I ever am.)

Ingredients:
-Scant 1 3/4 Cup self rising flour
-Generous 3/4 Cup brown sugar
-Pinch of salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-2 Large bananas
-3/4 Cup orange juice
-2 eggs, beaten
-4 Tablespoons vegetable oil

1. Preheat the oven 350F/180C and Grease your loaf pan.

2. Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and spices into a large bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, mash the bananas with the orange juice, then stir in the (beaten)eggs and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.

3. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour. If a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, its done.

4. Let cool, turn out the loaf, slice and spread with a generous amount of butter.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love banana bread ! I can't wait to give this a try !!

andrafaye said...

this is delicious. and light!