{30 days green}

I happened to see a link to this on Khrista's facebook today. It starts tomorrow and I am TOTALLY in !! And just in case you are wondering, the green in this challenge has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with spinach !! I have been wanting to get back into my morning smoothie routine and since I love a challenge, this is just what I needed to kick my behind into gear ! Some of you may want to join me, and Khrista, who is also going to do the challenge. Here's what you have to do. I'm copying and pasting from the Happy Foody ...

"Last year I launched the Happy Foody 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge…it was a huge success and helped many people change their eating habits. SO…we’re going to do it AGAIN! It’s the perfect time to kick start a healthier you…summer is coming to a close soon and fall upon us. Seasons are changing…and you can change too! Adding a green smoothie to your day is the BEST thing you can do to get on the path to a healthier you. When you drink a big green smoothie in the morning, it fills your body’s need for those vital nutrients to function throughout the day. You will slowly STOP CRAVING junk food. It’s like magic!

We will begin on August 17 and end on September 17. Here is what you are committing to:

  • Drink at least 16 oz. of green smoothie per day (a quart would be even better!)
  • Do some sort of activity every day. This could be an intense workout, or just dancing with your kids around the living room. It could be a 15 minute yoga session or a walk around the block.
  • Add a green leafy salad to your lunch or supper (with light dressing…stay away from the creamier sauces).
  • Stop drinking pop.
  • Cut out all white sugar.

So who is in?! Leave a comment below with your intention and watch your life change. Feel free to grab the little icon from above and link it back to this post. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell your family. Get yourself a green smoothie buddy. Can’t wait to hear your stories!

Be sure to join our Facebook group here for additional motivation and inspiration."

I am going to go for the quart a day smoothie to start my morning. I'm going to walk 30 minutes a day while the kids play at the park. I love salads ... the greener and leafier the better so bring it on !! I don't drink pop so no prob. Cutting out white sugar will be my biggest challenge ...

I hope to share some great smoothie combos as I'll be totally making it up. I did my shopping today and THEN read about this. Since tomorrow is the starting day, I'm going to have a be extra creative for the first week !!

PS ... If you don't know what a green smoothie is or how to make one ... check out this great video by the Happy Foody !

7 comments:

Liz M. said...

A few queries... how does one make a green smoothie? does it have to be actually green in color? can a big batch be made at the start of the week and kept in the fridge (I don't have the time to make one every and I also have serious objections to cleaning my blender every single day!)?
ok that's it.

Bonnie said...

Jill ... go watch the video link i put on how to make a green smoothie. It's good. I think the green is the important bit ... the greens that are in it make it so good for you ! I reckon you could make a big batch of it. She drinks hers in mason jars so you could make them and pour them into five jars with lids ready to grab on the way out the door ? Healthy breakfast on the go ?!? I wonder if it would work ... we could experiment and see.

Toni said...

Look forward to hearing how you go :D

T'lia said...

I'm going to do it too!! Thanks for sharing!!

Khrista said...

I'm so stoked you're in for the challenge too!
There is a post on the happy foody blog in regards to smoothies on-the-go Here
The green part is the most important part! Sometimes it won't be bright green like you see in the pictures. Depending on what you blend with the greens. I am going to be trying, collards, chard and I enjoy kale already. Will let you know how it goes! :)

Kari said...

Count me in Bonnie. I'll be coming here for some of your Green Smoothie combos.

sarah marie said...

I'm participating in the Challenge, too. I'm with you -- cutting out white sugar will be the hardest part for me too, since I already drink green smoothies, run, and don't drink soda. But a little extra motivation is going to be great.