Fuji Chicken Salad



This salad is incredibly tasty. And so simple. And only 9 ingredients ! (including a homemade salad dressing) I had this salad for lunch today, I wish there was more so I could have it for dinner tonight. Yeah ... THAT's how good it was !

I made individual salads, one for me and one for Rory. Here is the ingredient list for a single salad ... adjust as necessary.

Salad:
1 cup ice-burg lettuce, chopped
1 cup wombok (chinese or napa cabbage), chopped
1 chicken breast, cooked & sliced (we seasoned with salt/pepper then grilled ours on the BBQ)
1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced

Dressing: (this was enough dressing for two salads)
1/4 cup caramelised balsamic vinegar (use a good one !!)
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tsp Italian herbs
salt and pepper

Here come the complicated instructions ...
1. Put the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake 'em up.
2. Put salad ingredients into a bowl or onto a plate.(or into a tupperware for lunch, like I did !)
3. Top with dressing.


No comments: