Menu Plan Monday - 1 February 2010

Photobucket
Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie

We've been spending soooooo much on groceries ! Seriously, before we even start this week, we are like $50 over budget ! So ... we're trying to feed ourselves this week and next week totally on next week's budget so that we can start the third week fresh. I'm afraid it's going to be a pretty plain week !! We have raised our weekly grocery budget though. I'm glad about that. It's unrealistic to try and feed a family of four, the sort of fresh, unprocessed food we want to on the budget we used to struggle to stick to !!

I haven't been writing my captains logs either. I might get back into it, I might not. I didn't get much response and I sort of feel like maybe they are a bit boring to read. Plus, I have not got as much time as I used to so I think I'll just concentrate on sharing recipes and maybe a few experiences along the way, in the recipes ! What do you think ??

Anyway ... here's this week's menu ...

Friday
Two Simple Pizzas (and froze 1/2 the dough to try from frozen)
We had a cheese pizza ... kids favorite !
And a veggie one that was just garlic cooked in butter/olive oil for the base,
topped with onion, pumpkin, zucchini and mozzarella ! So yum.

Saturday
Mystery Lamb bits marinated in Red Wine and Cooked in the Crock Pot
Roast Potato, Pumpkin, Onion and Whole Head of Garlic (!!)
Green Peas

Sunday
Weber Time !
Whole Chicken Marinated in Jamie Oliver Sauce
Potato topped with garlic and melted Camembert cheese.
(wasn't as good as I hoped it would be ... bummer)
Corn on the Cob

Monday - Salad Night
Went to a birthday party ...
But came home and cooked a big pot of pasta
with a bolognaise sauce for lunches for the rest of the week !

Tuesday
Using the frozen dough to make pizza again.

Wednesday
Chicken Fajitas with Homemade Tortillas.

Thursday
I didn't plan anything for Tonight.
I'll have to get creative out of the pantry ... or maybe I'll have to shop a day early ...
We'll see !

I hope to get some recipes posted soon ! I have a bunch waiting ... I've done the photos ... I just need to sit and write out the recipe ! I have started working 5 days a week and the kids just went back to school so we're sorting out a new routine around here !! So far so good ... except this morning, instead of getting out of bed at 5:00 to have my hour of computer time, I laid in bed listening to the pounding rain ! It was lovely ... but no blogging ! Maybe tomorrow ... We'll see ! If it's raining, I may just have to opt to enjoy that simple pleasure again !!

2 comments:

R.G. said...

I've had your blog bookmarked for a year now and really enjoy the recipes we've tried. Thank you! Your blog inspired me to start organizing my own menus again. It makes a huge difference in our week when we know what we are making every night. And I want to wish you good luck in your new endeavor to eat so much healthier.

Anonymous said...

I, personally, love the captien blog, but I think you already know that. I thought I would add my two cents in.