Dessert {Pizza} Experiments

We had dessert pizza at our friends place ... made in a wood fired oven ... a while back. The kids rave about it still so I thought I'd give it a go ! My pizza dough recipe actually makes four thin crust pizzas. I just roll one smaller one and three equal size ones. I use the smaller one for the dessert ...



For the blueberry and nectarine ... I just spread thickened cream on the base. Added frozen blueberries, slivered fresh nectarine, and then sprinkled with our nut/oat mix. Drizzled with a bit of maple syrup and into the oven. 400F/200C - still on from the dinner pizzas (!). 15 minutes or so ... but watch so the oats don't burn ! I drizzled with thickened cream to serve.



The second experiment was actually with a different dough (you can see it in the previous post if I forget to come back and link it !) that I like even better. The toppings were 1 cup mango - blended with a couple tablespoons of thickened cream and 5 dates. (I just threw those three things in my hand mixer and whizzed 'em into a thick paste) Spread that paste onto the dough. Sprinkle with same oat/nut mixture ... except that we've now added sultanas (raisins) and goji berries to the mix. 15 minutes in the 400F/200C oven and dessert is served. You could probably top with cream again but we didn't. This one was even better than the blueberry one !! Can't wait to try more ....

No comments: