Baby Pea Salad



Photobucket


My Mom gave me this recipe a few years ago. It is so yummy !
I can't believe I haven't posted it here before now !!

500g frozen baby peas
1/2 cup slivered almonds
a few chopped chopped spring onions
crumbled feta cheese - we like lots
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
black pepper to taste

Thaw peas. Combine with almonds (toast first if you like), onions, feta and mayo. Mix in vinegar and then season with pepper. This is better after it sits for a while. Try to make it at least a few hours before you want to eat it.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Since I gave that recipe to you I have decided that toasting the almonds is a must. I also stir the vinegar into the mayonaise and then fold it into the salad. It gets the vinegar taste spread around more evenly without beating on the salad. It continues to be one of our favorites! Mom