Menu Plan Monday - Khrista - 07.27.09


I'm trying to get back on track here...
We have been participating in a local CSA here this Summer. This is the 3rd Summer for us, and we always enjoy all the fresh veggies we receive week after week. We're into week 5 of 12 so far. This year we are sharing our farm share with a friend. We couldn't seem to consume all the veggies ourselves last year and ended up wasting some of it, much to our disappointment.
It seems to be working out well so far. There is still PLENTY of vegetables to consume.
Today I went through the fridge and listed ALL the veggies we still needed to eat.
I then took that list and cross referenced it with some of our favorite recipes and recipes from this site and this one, to come up with the meals for this week using up those good veggies! The first site is really helpful because you can search by key ingredient! Love it! I got the Escarole with Beans + More recipe from that site. (And yes, I realize Escarole is misspelled on my menu image, but I am too lazy to go fix it!)
The Sweet Pepper Pasta Toss with Kale is from the other site and can be found in this week's farm note.
Those are both new recipes for us. I will let you know how we like them!
The other three recipes are ones I have made before:
Mediterranean Rice Salad

Grilled Ratatouille Salad

I'll try and post the Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas recipe later in the week. It is most certainly not a healthy meal, but tasty nonetheless... and a perfect meal to take to new parents, which is just what I plan to do...and double the recipe so we can enjoy it too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous pic of the grilled ratatouille salad. I've got some kabobs scheduled for us in a week that will come out a lot like that. YUM!

Bonnie said...

YUM YUM YUM ! I can't wait to see the Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas recipe ... you know, since I have green chile in my pantry !! :)

AudreyO said...

We made a chicken enchilada casserole last week. Now this week, we'll use the leftover tortillas and make quesadillas.

Becca said...

Yay for pizza night lol

Unknown said...

I hope you will stop by Dining With Debbie with your favorite Crock Pot Wednesday entry. Misty Linky is up and waiting for you. The first of the giveaways for the inaugural event is posted. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com