A Nutty Cous Cous


I've been wanting to use the pistachio dukkah that I made the other day but we've been trying to eat lower calorie meals.  Sitting down to a bowl of dukkah, olive oil and turkish bread doesn't really qualify.  Then I saw this recipe over on Taste, I had to try it !  It is so yum.  I love the flavor that comes through from the dukkah !  And the subtle hint of lemon ....

**This is way too much couscous for our family.  After making it a few times and eventually throwing away leftovers, I decided to come put a note in here ... Next time I make it, I will halve the stock and couscous.  I will keep the same proportions of everything else.


4.5 cups chicken stock
500g couscous, I used whole wheat
2 lemons, halved
100g slivered almonds, toasted
2 tbs pistachio dukkah
a handful of parsley, I used flat leaf, chopped

Bring the chicken stock to the boil.  Add cous cous.  Cover and remove from heat.  The liquid will absorb in about 5 minutes.  Gently stir with a fork to separate the grains.

Cook lemon on grill (or in fry pan like I did last night when it was pouring down rain !) for 2 minutes each side or until charred.

Put cous cous in a large serving bowl.  Add the almonds, dukkah and parsley to the couscous and stir. Squeeze lemon on top.  Serve.

(just for our records ... this serves 8 and is 205 calories per serve)

No comments: