Overnight Oatmeal

****Just typed this whole recipe out and then deleted it when I was trying to format it...SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!! Not gonna format it this time...what you see is what you get. Wish me luck...****

We've been making/enjoying this recipe for a while. Suprised it hasn't made it's way to the blog yet! It's soo yummy on chilly winter days. Really it's yummy any day! I don't have any photos of it at the moment. Hopefully, someone will add one eventually :-)

Overnight Oatmeal

1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
6 cups water

(or 1/4 cup oats to 1 cup water)

In a large saucepan, boil the oats in water for 1 minute. Cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.

The next day, uncover the oats and bring to a boiler over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the oatmeal is cooked and creamy but still a little bit chewy - about 10 minutes.

Serve hot or store in sealed container in the fridge to be reheated.

Top with favorite oatmeal toppings.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm putting steel cut oats on my grocery list now !! Gotta try this !

Mrs. Wallace said...

You should! You'll love it! I'm not sure I can go back to regular oats now...the texture of the steel-cut oats is just sooooo much better! Creamy, but still crunchy and nutty. My favorite way to eat a bowl is with a little bit of butter, some nuts (walnuts or pecans), and a bit of brown sugar. YUM!!! And SO filling :-) Can't wait to hear what you think!