Agave and Honey Oat Cookies

Photobucket

I got the recipe for this at Cookie Madness.net - A site well worth checking out !
I made a couple amendments so I will post my amended recipe here ...

2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1/8 teaspoon EACH baking soda & baking powder
1/4 scant teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup raisins (next time I'm going to try adding dried apricots as well) (and the time after that I am going to try adding just fresh blueberries ....)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix egg, agave, honey, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Stir very well.

Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir very well, then add to agave mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes.

Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and arrange on parchment lined cookie sheets spacing 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 10-11 minutes. Let cool completely.

Makes 8 cookies.

I doubled this recipe. The cookies were good for days. So filling that you only needed ( or even wanted ) one at a sitting ! Fantastic. Perfect for school lunches or a Mommy's breakfast on the run !!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh oh oh oh... my goodness!! I can eat these! (doing the happy happy dance) I could honestly kiss you right now! This is so wonderful! Thankyou so much for posting such a healthy yummy recipe!!!

andrafaye said...

I am going to try these!! They sound and look delicious!!!