Pappadams

Khrista asked what Pappadams were. Figured since she didn't know there are probably others who haven't discovered this culinary treat !! I have never made them myself but one day I will try. Any of you ever done it ? Got a good recipe ??
~
I looked up Pappadams for a definition ... Here's what I found.
~
Pappadams
(poppadum, paparh, papad, papadum )
An Indian flat bread made with lentil flour.
The pappadam are fried or grilled.
You can purchase papadam in packages and lightly fry them before use.
~

(I got this photo here)

This is how I buy Pappadams. They last forever in the pantry. We have cooked them two ways. 1. In Hot Oil. 2. In The Microwave. Easy Easy Easy ... both ways.

(I got this photo here)

Hope that helps ...


1 comment:

Khrista said...

Thanks for posting this Bon. I don't think I've ever seen it. It sounds highly nutritious!