Summer Squash Sauté

I recently threw together this delicious, quick, and simple lunch using some lovely, fresh, yellow crookneck squash.

I used:
1 tablespoon each extra virgin olive oil and butter
1/2 a yellow onion sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 small yellow crookneck squash, thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
salt & pepper, to taste

Topping:
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 of a small lemon









Here's what I did:
Sauté sliced yellow onion, in olive oil and butter.
After the onion is soft add chopped garlic.
Next add sliced yellow crookneck squash and zucchini.
Continue to sauté until squash is crisp-tender. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Plate squash and add another tablespoon of olive oil to pan.
Quickly fry about 2 tablespoons of seasoned bread crumbs.
Sprinkle over squash and squeeze 1/4 of a lemon over top.
This makes enough for two as a side dish, but since it was my lunch, it was my complete meal.
Next time I may add a pinch of cheyenne pepper. Mmmm... :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This looks delicious Khrista !! I'm just about to plan my menu for next week and this is so going on it !!

PS ... glad to see you posting again !! I've missed your input !!