Pumpkin (Tofu) Cookies



We've been trying to watch what we eat in our home the past couple months so when Starbucks brought out their "Holiday" pastries and beverages last week I was pretty sad. I've been craving one of their pumpkin scones for awhile. Normally I would just get one with my coffee and then be good for the rest of the season. Well...not this year. So when I ran into this "Fat-free Pumpkin Cookie recipe" I got pretty excited. Well not too excited but thrilled enough to give them a try. And they satisfied my sweet tooth for the moment. If you are feeling healthy and generally just want to try something different this might be right up your alley...if not just head over to Starbucks and pick up a 400+ calorie pumpkin scone...and have a bite for me.


I found the recipe here on FatFree Vegan Kitchen. And I took her recommendation to exchange half the tofu with margarine to make the cookies a little lighter...and tastier.

I want to try her Yellow Split-Pea Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Kale next.


6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yeah Hooray a post from Andrea !! I'm so excited about this !! These look really yum. I think I'll have to try them !! mmmmmmmm !!

Elizabeth said...

I can't decide whether or not to try these. I want to like them, but...
But what?

I do love the blog, though!

Jimmy said...

Radical!

jacob said...

for as healthy as they are, they tasted pretty great.

oh, and excellent photography.

Jo said...

I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the tofu (kept the margarine) and added an egg. Love the results!

andrafaye said...

Yeah, THE EGG probably made these suckers delish!!! That is exactly what they needed.