Menu Plan Monday - Khrista - 09.14.09

Monday

Chinese - made at home the healthy way...

One day when I have the gumption I am going to attempt to make Bonnie's gyoza, but for now, I buy it already made. :) We eat this with our Chinese, even though it is technically Japanese...or Korean as Bonnie states in the above linked post. I also buy pre-made spring rolls...It's healthier, but still quick, like take-out!

Tuesday
Hurry Up Alfredo
No picture because this will be our first time having this...will let you know how it turns out. :)

Wednesday
Tomato Tart

I thought I had posted the recipe here, but upon searching I cannot find it. I will look a little more later, and if I can't find it, I will post the recipe! :)

Thursday
Falafel Pitas

Since our favorite pita place is closed for the season, I am going to attempt to recreate these for my Mom, who will be visiting. I bought and froze pitas from them before they closed. :)

Friday
Pizza Night!


Saturday
We are planning to go to the farmers market this day, so we will most likely eat out, and then we are going to a potluck picnic later. I plan to take Blackeyed Pea Salad, and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting.


Sunday
Eat Out or "Raid the Pantry"

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your menu looks superb this week ! Not that it doesn't always ... :) I need to start putting photos back in mine but I have been just trying to get them posted recently and if I have to add photos then it can not happen !! ha ha. I hope your falafel pita's turn out great ! I'm telling you ... you need to try my falafel recipe. You will like it !! So moist and tasty !!! And easy. I'm so excited that your Mom will be there soon !! Once you've given her enough hugs from yourself, deliver her a couple from me, will ya ?

Khrista said...

I think you have said it enough times now that I think I may "shelve" the boxed falafel mix and go ahead and make your falafel this week! :) I'll let you know how it goes!
The menu did take a while with all the photos! I can understand just wanting to get it posted!
I will deliver the hugs to my Mom! :)