I CAN COOK IT IN THE CROCK POT!

This is a tip, not a recipe, but it's the first time I've ever seen a way to convert cooking times on the stove or in the oven to the crock pot. I adore crock pot cooking and since the cool autumn weather is heading our way, my thoughts are turning to crock pot meals. Happy first day of Autumn/ Spring to you all! I love this day, the balance of it, the daytime hours equalling the nighttime hours precisely today, something that only happens once more all year! Crock pot cooking helps me bring balance at home; nothing like getting home from work to find supper ready to usher in a lovely evening. Enough philosophizing---here's the tip! Hope it's as useful to you all as it seems like it will be to me! Credit goes to a crockpot recipe of the week newsletter I receive.

Crockpot Conversion Chart

If original recipe calls for 1/4 to 1/2 hr, cook on low for 4 to 8 hours or cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours

If original recipe calls for 1/2 to 1 hr, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours

If original recipe calls for 1 to 3 hrs., cook on low for 8 to 16 hrs. or cook on high for 4 to 6 hrs.

Low is 180 to 200 degrees
High is around 300 degrees

The cooking times sure aren't very specific, but only a guideline given by the Culinary Arts Institute.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic !! I am going to try converting some of my recipes !! I love using the crockpot and there are some great recipes I cook that I have thought ... I'll bet you could make this in the crockpot ! NOW I CAN !! Woo Hoo !!!

MODman said...

Oh how we adore the crock pot. We love the dinner ready aspect along with not having that many dishes to clean at night.

Mary Smith said...

Oh, thank you for this! We just got a new crock pot!

Mari said...

I love this! I use my crockpot all the time and now can use it more!