Grace's breakfast



Today I would like to invite you my breakfast table.
In Korea, meal is same word as 'rice'.

Actually, there are two different words to call rice: '
Bob' is cooked rice ,which is steamed rice.
Another is '
Ssal', which is uncooked as a grain.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be called 'Bob'.

Of course, Jun and Grace normally have 'Bob' three times a day with 'Bob' in Korea.

Since we live in Australia, at least one meal we try to have as we used to eat in Korea.

Saturday Breaky - I did four side dishes and Korean Miso soup.
Side dishes - Steamed Egg with fish sauce.
Fried Tofu
Steamed Broccoli with chilly sour sauce.
Nori(Seaweed, there are at least 10 different seaweeds, Korean and Japanese eat)


Side dishes are important. A bowl of rice always goes with savory dishes.
Odd number is preferable so 3,5,7,9 side dishes are served in traditional serving.

Soup helps digesting a bowl of rice.
Children easily put their rice in the soup eat with spoon.

I did mushroom , potato, Chilly Miso soup.
I will post it later how to cook.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this post grace ! I am getting ready to have some bob now !!

I can't wait to see how to cook these things. The miso soup you taught me to make was so easy and delicious ! I will be posting that recipe soon !!

Sabba and Nanny said...

Grace,
I am Bonnie's dad, and I love to read her blogs. I really enjoyed your blog post. My wife and I love Korean food. We will look forward to more of your lessons. Kamsahamnida, Jim S.