Non-Cook "Lasagna"



Ok ... I realize this photo looks odd. Like, perhaps something you would like to NOT put in your mouth !! BUT ... it is yummy and I assure you, once you make it, you will not be able to stop putting this in your mouth !! I love it. We had it for a light dinner tonight. Rory had it on fresh white crusty bread. I had it on whole wheat rice crackers.
--
1/2 a zucchini, finely sliced
2 cups tightly packed fresh spinach, processed til finely chopped
1/2 cup avocado, mashed
AND
1 ripe tomato, seed and chop (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup red bell pepper
2 tbls olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
--
Process everything under the AND ... til smooth.
--
Layer zucchini, spinach, avocado, tomato sauce. Do a few layers. I think I got three in a rectangular tupperware and four or five in a square tupperware ... It's best if you leave it set a few hours in the fridge before you eat it. The flavors really develop !
--
See ... it is edible !!


4 comments:

Liz M. said...

you're right...it kind DOES look like poop on a cracker!
i don't remember eating it while you were here...was it good? did i like it? sigh, getting old stinks ;)

Bonnie said...

Maybe we had this while you were in Hawaii ??

Kath said...

Is this the recipe that Shay made and gave us the leftovers of? Your picture makes it look more yellow; I remember it being brown and pasty looking, but quite yummy, in a surprising sort of way! I'm not sure sharing your tonsils makes it look any more appealing, either! I must tether my psyche in order to make this!

Bonnie said...

It is that one indeed, Mom. It was probably not brown unless we got it as the end of the batch and the avocado had turned brown, but then I don't think we would have eaten it ! It's quite beautiful in color actually ... you definately need to try it again. I think you all will like it ! No tether psycheing necessary ... it's pretty, I promise ! I just need to work on my food photography !!