Bonnie's Carbonara Pizza


(photo taken on my iPhone)

Ok ... so this was super easy to make ! AND so delicious !

One pizza base ... I used Craig's dough recipe ... I still need to post that for you. Soon. I'd do it now but I'm going to have to do it as a video post because it's a show you, not tell you kind of recipe ...

2 red onions, caramelized
1 head of garlic, roasted (cut off top of cloves, wrap in tin foil and put in preheated 200C oven while onions caramelize) (here's a good recipe to show you how to roast garlic ...)
A couple of rashers of bacon, chopped
A bit of cream ... maybe 1/2 of a cup ?

So ... in my big electric fry pan, I caramelized the onions then pushed them to one side and cooked the bacon in the same pan. When the bacon is cooked, add the cream and stir the lot together. Get the garlic that has been roasting out of the oven, squeeze cloves into bacon/onion mixture. Stir. I chopped up the garlic a bit with my spatula so it mixed real well. Spread this mixture onto the pizza base. Grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top. Put into still-hot -from-the- garlic oven for about 15 minutes or til dough is cooked.

That's it.

So yum !

PS ... I think I might add some rosemary next time ...

6 comments:

Kath said...

I was prepared not to like this when I read the words carbonara and pizza in the same recipe title. I TAKE IT BACK! And shall be trying this soon!!!!

Bonnie said...

I think you'll be glad you didn't dismiss it .... :)

dining table said...

How did this happen? Two of my favorite foods in one! Thanks for this one.

Sabba and Nanny said...

We had this tonight, and it was delish!

Sabba and Nanny said...

We had this tonight, and it was delish!

Sabba and Nanny said...

We had this tonight, and it was delish!