Chicken Taco Salad a la Bon-Chan

I wanted to make taco salad but taco beef often gives me indigestion. Not fun. So ... I wanted to try it with chicken. I love chicken soft tacos from taco bell. Gasp. I don't know that I could eat one now, knowing what I know about fast food, but I do love that flavor. Well, I don't need to anymore because this chicken totally did it for me. I don't know that it's a taco bell replica but it doesn't need to be because it was delicious and totally filled that taco bell spot.

Photobucket

The salad itself was really simple. I made individual plates (and made lunches straight into tupperware containers at the same time) for each of us !

chopped lettuce leaves
a spoonful of black beans
sliced avocado
sour cream
a chunk of lime
corn chips
simple homemade salsa
chicken

for the salsa
chopped tomatoes
chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
finely diced red onion
crushed garlic
lime juice
salt and pepper

mix the above to taste

for the chicken
300g chicken ( I'll do more next time )
1/2 Tablespoon paprika
1/2 Tablespoon cumin
1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 Tablespoon onion flakes
1/2 Tablespoon sea salt


mix spices.
add to chicken when frying in olive oil.
i didn't use all of the spice mix ... saved about 1/2 for next time !

Other things I might also add to the salad but didn't this time ...
black olives
grated cheddar cheese
cilantro lime rice

No comments: