Crock Pot Steak Fajitas


I found this recipe here.
I, of course, didn't cook it to the exact recipe instructions.

Photobucket

Here's what I did ...

500g round steak or beef flank steak
2 medium onions, cut into strips
1 large jar of medium salsa
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
juice of 2 fresh limes
4 cloves garlic, minced
A pinch of ground chillis
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 small green bell peppers, cut into strips
2 small red bell peppers, cut into strips

For serving: chopped avocado, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, chopped spring onion, sour cream and flour tortillas, warmed

Cut steak crosswise into thin strips; place in slow cooker. Combine onion, 1 cup salsa, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours.

The original recipe said to ...add bell peppers. Cover; cook on LOW 1 hour. BUT we didn't. We sauteed them in a cast iron skillet instead.


 photo 5E93150F-015B-42A1-AD6A-C4400962D1CA_zpsrwoamqh7.jpg

I first posted this recipe in 2009 but tonight I added something new to these tonight so thought I'd repost it with the addition ...

Garlic ... as much as you's like, diced
Jalapenos and assorted red chillies out of my garden, also diced

Fry these two in olive oil til garlic is browned.  

Remove from oil to paper towel and set aside.  Pop this into the fajita when serving.  So tasty!

3 comments:

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

I saw your note about the chili powder and I wonder if perhaps you don't have that where you are. Did you have ground up dried chiles or the mixture of some of that, with cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and salt? Here, we can get either.

Stacy said...

That looks super yummy! I will have to try that soon. Tonight I'm going to make my chicken fajitas and I'll get that posted on my blog maybe next week.

Anonymous said...

Those fajitas look fabulous! And I'm especially crazy about one ingredient: avocado. Just found out that I like avocados about three months ago - now I can't get enough of them :-)