Crock Pot Sloppy Joes

Leftover buns plus a busy Monday scheduled had me looking for something quick to stick in the crock pot.  I found this recipe here and thought I'd give it a go.  I'm not always a fan of sloppy joes, but not only did the boys LOVE this, I actually liked it!!  SCORE!  Not a drop left, and I made more than just 1 recipe. 


2lbs ground beef (I did about 3lbs and should have done more!)
1/2 cup ketchup (I did 3/4 cup since I'd increased the meat)
1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard (I did 1/3 cup since I'd increased the meat)
1 can pork and beans (I did 2 cans and really liked the fact that it was heavy on the beans)
Hamburger buns or hard rolls of some kind

Brown beef and drain.  I did this the night before when browning meat for redneck nachos and just refrigerated it overnight.  Made prep super quick the next day.

Mix browned beef, ketchup, mustard, and pork and beans well in the crock pot.  Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. 

Serve!

The original recipe says it makes 6 servings, but I barely fed the 6 of us with the increased amount.  Granted, I was feeding a lot of hungry boys, but still I think I'd at least double it next time. 

No comments: