French Dip Sandwiches

 photo 31557502-5A1D-443E-BBE5-54345818C1CD-66159-00002156337BD9EB.jpg

I found this recipe on Pinterest. 
I love French Dip sandwiches and I love crock pot recipes so this seemed like a win win. 
I will make a few modifications next time I make it. (as shown below)
I don't know why but my meat was a little dry and there wasn't a whole lot of juice
and the juice, while flavorful and delicious was a bit strong.
So, I will add water next time and see
if that helps that ...

2kg beef roast, boneless
1 cup beef stock
1 cup water
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 cloves garlic, minced

So, basically, you just pull the fat off of the meat.  Discard the fat and put the meat in the crock pot.  Stir together remaining ingredients and add to crock pot.  Cook on high 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

When it's finished cooking, put the roast into a big bowl and shred it with two forks.  Reserve the liquid that you are using for the 'french dip' part of the meal and then put meat back into the crock pot to soak up the remaining juice.

To make the sandwiches, scoop shredded meat into hot dog buns, top with shredded tasty (white cheddar) cheese and toast under the griller (broiler) til cheese is melted.

I served these delicious sandwiches with the dipping sauce, raw carrots with ranch, and steamed broccoli.  A yummy and easy dinner. 

We had them for lunch the next day as well and my 11 year old took it to school - toasted and with ketchup since we had used all the 'french dip' the night before ... He said that way was delicious as well.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Sounds yummy! I have found that meat that is a little marbled (do you know what that means?) is less dry than very lean meat...

Mari said...

We love French Dip and I have a slow cooker recipe that is always a hit. Here it is if you're interested:
http://marislittlecorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/slow-cooking-thursday.html

Bonnie said...

I do know what marbled meat is Mom and this was not marbled at all ... I'll choose my meat different next time!

Mari ... yes, I'm interested!! I'm on my way to check it out now ....