What We Ate ~ Week 12 ~ 2012




Salmon, Prawns, Salad, Corn on the Cob

This was a bit of an experiment ... the salmon part anyway.  I want to try it again and write down some actual measurements but for now, here's what I used.  Juice of 1 lime, soy sauce, water, bulldog sauce, mirin, sesame oil and minced garlic.  I used that as a marinade.  Next time I won't.  After the salmon was on the BBQ, Rory brought the marinade back in and suggested I reduce it.  I did ... you know, put it in a pot on the stove, over a med-high heat and just let it bubble away (while stirring) til it got thick.  We then poured that over the fish once it was cooked ... and dipped the prawns in it.  It was really yum !  That is all we will do next time ... the marinade didn't actually seem to soak in, and it makes the salmon skin stick and burn on the BBQ.


Nachos 

We love nachos and they are an easy dinner !  I just chop up a tomato, olives ... green and black, spring onions, sometimes beans, I make a bit of guacamole.  We top corn chips with an assortment of those toppings, plus shredded mozzarella cheese and then melt that in the microwave.  Only takes a minute or two. Then we top with the guac and sour cream and sometimes salsa.



I don't usually top this with guac but we had it leftover from the night before.
DELISH !




Pizza ~ Pictured is the Funky Lime !



Oh my !  This was so good.

I'm going to teach you three of my favorite sushi's this week ! 

This is one of them.

Aburi (Seared) Scallop

So good.

Stay Tuned !!



 

No comments: