Salmon & Avocado Nigiri Sushi


I discovered this sushi at a local sushi place a while ago. 
I love it. I've made it a few times at home.
Last night, I had my camera out so
decided to take photos 
and now I'll share
the 'recipe'.

Here's what you need ...

Sushi (short grain) Rice, cooked
Sushi Rice Vinegar (you can buy it or it's EASY to MAKE)
Fresh Salmon (ask your fishmonger if it can be eaten raw), sliced
Avocado, sliced
Red Onion, as thinly sliced as you can make it
Tobiko (or Masago would do too)

I'm going to assume that you all know how to make sushi rice.  If you don't, I explain it in this post.

If you don't know how to shape sushi rice, here is a video I just found to show you.  It's in Japanese but you can see what he's doing.

Once that is done, top with salmon (if you don't know how to cut the fish, click on the 'sliced' link above), then avocado, red onion, mayo, and finally the fish eggs.

Serve with a dipping bowl of soy sauce. And wasabi if you like.

No comments: