The Havana and The Aunt Millie

Last night was Jono's turn to help cook. He wanted to do another Cheese and Burger Society burger. He chose #28 ~ The Havana and we also tried #8 ~ The Aunt Millie. Both were good but would have been much better had we had the right bread. Unfortunately, the bread I was trying to make, turned into a big fat fail ...

Here it is in it's new home ~ the garbage !!

Photobucket

But not to worry, Rory stopped at the store and grabbed a french loaf on his way home. Only problem, it was a bit hard. We pressed it in the sandwich press which made it a bit flatter but it was still too hard for a burger !!

You ready for the pictures ? Here's Alia's ...

Photobucket

And Jono's ...

Photobucket

And Rory's ...

Photobucket

And mine ...

Photobucket

I had one of each ... and I did mine as open face sandwiches ...

Photobucket

But couldn't eat more than half of each of them ...

Photobucket

Can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch ... but will skip the bread this time !!

We served these with homemade onion rings ... I'll post THAT recipe tomorrow !

Photobucket

As for the way we made these burgers ... we didn't do them EXACTLY like the C&BS ... you can check out their website if you want the EXACT recipe ... but we did ours like this ...

The Havana
Beef Patty
Swiss Cheese
Ham
Bacon
Dill Pickles
Yellow Mustard
Pressed French Bread

The Aunt Millie
Beef Patty
Rocket (Arugula)
Tomato
Red Onion
Kalamata Olives
Feta
Pressed French Bread

Did I mention I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch ??


2 comments:

Tessa said...

I love eating at your place. Have you thought of moving closer to me?

FoodontheTable said...

These burgers look great and so creative. You've inspired me!