Rosemary and Sea Salt Bread









I love Trader Joe's Rosemary and Sea Salt Bread. But since moving to Richland, Wa. (where there is no Trader Joe's I haven't had much. I found this recipe though and thought it turned out pretty close to what they sell at the store...pretty tasty!

I got the recipe from here on RecipeZaar
  • 1 T yeast
  • 1 T sugar
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 t salt
  • 2 T Rosemary (fresh if you have it)
  • 2 T butter
  1. Mis yeast, sugar and water in large bowl, allow to bubble. About 5 minutes
  2. Mix in 1 T butter, salt and 2 cups flour
  3. Add 1 T Rosemary
  4. Knead until smooth
  5. Add more flour if need be
  6. Oil a bowl and allow to raise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size
  7. Punch and divide in 2
  8. Rest 5 minutes (you and the bread)
  9. Spray baking pan (stone or cookie sheet)
  10. Shape into two oval loaves
  11. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary and press it in
  12. Sprinkle with Sea Salt
  13. Rise 45 minutes
  14. Pre heat oven 375F
  15. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. (I took mine out a little earlier than I would have liked since my son was demanding my attention and I didn't want to walk away and forget about it. It was done but next time I will let it get a bit darker.)
  16. Brush with butter
  17. ENJOY!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

for some reason, it didn't like my first comment. i got an error message and lost it. what i was saying was ... this looks amazing ! i'm going to try making it tomorrow night with our pumpkin soup out of the freezer dinner ! i have rosemary (heaps and heaps of rosemary) growing in my herb garden so fresh is no issue ...

andrafaye said...

mmm, how was the pumpkin soup?? and the bread? sounds pretty good for being the last day before shopping!

andrafaye said...

mmm, how was the pumpkin soup?? and the bread? sounds pretty good for being the last day before shopping!