Maple Breakfast Sausage in the Thermomix (AIP)

 photo IMG_7672_zpsumkr9cvx.jpg

I had some pork mince to use up and I wanted something simple and tasty to do with it.  
over on Savory Lotus that sounded good.

As much as possible, I try to use my Thermomix and so I decided to do the beginning steps in that ...

Also, I didn't bother peeling the apple, I used more onion, more herbs and I used smoked garlic ...


 photo IMG_7665_zpswv0qfpzt.jpg

Here's my list of ingredients:


500g pork mince


1 small red onion
2 cloves smoked garlic (or regular would be fine too)
1 apple, cored and quartered
a handful of fresh herbs (I used parsley, oregano, chives, thyme)
2 tablespoons real maple syrup
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp ground sage
(oil for cooking but I did ours on the BBQ so didn't need any oil) 


 photo IMG_7668_zpszi4r5bom.jpg

Here's how I did it (in the Thermomix):

Put the onion, and garlic in the Thermomix.
Chop on speed 5 for 5-7 seconds. 
Scrape ingredients to bottom of bowl.
Add apple.
Chop on speed 5 for 3-5 seconds.
Add 5-10g of olive oil.
Sautee on Varoma temperature, 5 minutes, speed .

Let this mixture cool for a few minutes.
In a bowl, add pork, maple syrup, herbs and ground sage.  Mix well.  Once the Thermomix mixture has cooled to the touch, add to the pork and mix well.

Shape into patties of your desired size.

If cooking on BBQ ... heat it up (we have a gas BBQ and I make sure it is up to at least 200 Celsius).  Once it's heated, put the patties on the hot BBQ and shut the lid.  Set timer for 3 minutes.  Rotate patties (don't flip them yet, just rotate them so that the like 90 degrees) shut the lid. Set timer for 3 minutes.  Now flip the patties. Shut the lid. Set timer for 3 minutes.  Rotate patties again. Shut the lids.  Set timer for 3 minutes. The patties should now be ready.  Just cut one in half and make sure it's cooked through. 

I served with:
fresh spinach
chopped avocado
sautéed onions, zucchini and mushrooms

No comments: