Roast Vegetable Non-Frittata


Photobucket

I attempted to make a frittata the other night. You are supposed to cook it in the fry pan and then put it under the grill but our grill doesn't work so I thought I'd just flip it like a tortilla. So didn't work ! Check it out ...

Photobucket

I may try this again one day. I may not. I started with a Donna Hay recipe but changed it a fair bit. Here's what I did.

Preheat oven to 180C

In a big baking tray :
1 zucchini ~ quartered and then halved (does that make sense ? just cut it how you like !)
1 big carrot ~ same at the zucchini
1 potato ~ chopped
a bit of kent pumpkin ~ I cut up a mini one and it was a pain in the bahookie.
yellow and red capsicum (bell pepper) ~ cut into strips
garlic ~ slivers ~ however many you like !
drizzle of olive oil and a bit of rock salt

I threw all that into the oven for 40 ish minutes. Til they were a bit soft ... don't burn them though !

Mix :
6 eggs
One cup cream
3/4 cup fetta
salt and pepper
a handful of greek basil leaves
pepper

SO ... next time, I will add the veggies to the mixture above, pour into a quiche dish and bake til done. But if you want to do it the Donna Hay way you should cook in a frying pan over low heat for 8 - 10 minutes ... til the frittata begins to set. At this point, do not and I repeat DO NOT try and flip it like a tortilla ! Instead, put the pan under the hot grill (broiler) for a few minutes til golden.

In the end, I just made mine into scrambled eggs ... still tasted good. Just looked like a dogs breakfast !



1 comment:

FoodontheTable said...

That's what my first couple frittatas looked like, but they still tasted good. I think the key is not so move it and keep the burner on low until it firms.